5 Reasons Why You’re Losing Followers on Instagram
- Aug 04, 2021
- By Sara Myers
Being in the social media world can be a tricky place to navigate. When it comes to Instagram, it can be difficult to understand how to increase follower count steadily – or even just maintain your current ones. With algorithms constantly changing, it can be tough to know what is happening with your follower count. However, one thing is for sure: slow and steady growth is key. Fortunately, there are some general rules and surefire ways to grow your account over a period of time, and if you’re breaking those rules, you may see yourself losing followers. Here are the five most common reasons why you’re losing your followers on Instagram that we’ve seen as a social media agency.
Not Turning Engagements into Real Leads
Since Instagram is a powerful lead-generating tool, it’s important to take advantage of that. One way to do this is by putting a link of your social media agencies website in the bio of your account. This allows foot traffic to your account and website by those curious about your brand.
Your Post Frequency isn’t Right
If you ask five different social media agencies, you’ll get five different answers on how you should post content on your Instagram account. To get a better understanding of your engagement rates and net follower gain/loses, you should use Instagram analytics to see its frequency and impact.
Lack of Quality of Posts
Not only do you want to post frequently and remain as consistent as possible, your social media agency should also post quality content. Posting good pictures of your agency and brand once or twice a day is a great way to keep your followers engaged and interested in what it is you do.
Your followers or potential followers like to see that your brand is engaging with those who comment on your photos. The less you ignore comments, the more likely you are to gain their trust that you’re not some robot. Also adding personal touches like emoticons to the comments are nice too.
When you think about intense amounts of hashtags, does your mind go to Twitter? It’s typical to see that sort of thing on that social media platform. Well, when you see an immense amount of hashtags on Instagram, the post seems to be less and less relevant. In order to avoid hashtag faux pas, here are some rules to go by.
- Keep it short and simple. For example #ootd or #tgif
- Remember what your hashtags are for and make sure it pertains to your brand.
- Be consistent with your hashtags for each post on your Instagram feed.
- Research hashtags and what the competition is using to gain and maintain their followers.
- Use relevant hashtags that pertain to your brand or whatever is going on in the world that followers can relate to.
Instagram is a fun place to post content whether it’s videos or pictures. By keeping your brand engaged with your followers, posting quality content, and properly using hashtags, it should be easy to gain followers and maintain them.
For more information from our social media agency about how to gain followers on Instagram, click here.
Other Blogs You May Like
- Video or Photography: Which Content Is Better For You?
- ‘Influencer’ vs. ‘Creator’: What’s the Difference?
- Curated to Candid – The Rise of Authentic Content on Social Media
- 5 Ways To Increase Social Media Engagement
- Our 5 Favorite Social Media Agency Tools
- Launching A New Beauty Product: Public Relations Ideas & Inspiration
What are you looking for?
Follow us on Instagram
Sorry, no Tweets were found.