Girl Bosses do a lot. You’re hard workers, balancing your career and personal life to maximum potential. Even the best of the best need a little help sometimes to boost your brain. Tweaking your morning routine, even just a bit can have huge effects on your daily productivity. Beginning your day on the right foot seems insignificant but is one of the most impactful things you can do for yourself.
We’ve complied a list of small changes you can make to your morning routine to improve your day immensely and boost your brain.
1. Wake up early. You’ve heard the child rhyme, “early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”
2. Don’t pick up the phone just yet. Social media is addictive and you’re going to be on it all day. Let yourself wake up before immediately being consumed by the digital world.
3. Stretch. Get in touch with your physical self. You’ll feel much more alive, much quicker.
4. Read! One of the best things you can do for yourself in the morning is get your brain working. You’ll train yourself to not even need that second cup of coffee because your brain will kick start itself.
5. Meditate. Your desk may be cluttered, but your mind doesn’t have to be. The clearer your head is, the more productive you’ll be.
6. Wake up with enthusiasm! The more excited you are for your day, the less tired you’ll be. It’s science… sort of.