Small Business SEO : Our Best Tips to Keep Your SEO up to date
- Nov 16, 2014
- By admin
Small Business SEO in Los Angeles
SEO…something that all working professionals have most likely heard of at one point but may not fully understand. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It’s an Internet marketing strategy that can be of use to all sorts of businesses, big or small. What it does is affect the visibility rank of a company’s website on a search engine like Google. Ever notice how when you Google something the same companies will always show up on page 1 and never on page 100? That’s because those companies have great SEO.
SEO is an essential tool for all types of small businesses in Los Angeles. It’s a great way to market, spread awareness, and knowledge of the millions of businesses out there. So how exactly does a Los Angeles small business get great SEO? We’ve got ya covered for that one. With these simple tricks and tips, watch your small business’s SEO skyrocket.
- Evaluate competitors: Find out how your business measures up to other similar companies in the Los Angeles area. See what is working for them, and do the same thing! We aren’t encouraging you to copy everything exactly the same, because then your company wouldn’t be individual and unique. All we’re saying is, discover what works for another similar company, and use the same technique while staying true, individualized, and creative to your own business.
- Content: Be sure to have good, well-written, and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase and use them thoroughly throughout your website. Also, make sure your website is easily viewable and simple to navigate.
- Constant updating: Fresh, new content is key to SEO. Make a note to add new, useful content to your pages on a regular basis. This will add more relevancy to your site in the eyes of search engines.
- Go Google+: It may not be as popular as Facebook or Twitter just yet, but Google+ will do wonders for your SEO value. When you connect your Google+ page to your website, your face is shown next to all of your search engine results. Statistics show that 33% of people click on the top result of Google simply because it’s the easiest to click on. However, if your picture is next to the top 2nd or 3rd result, you are just as appealing. People are picture-friendly these days…that’s one way to definitely catch an onlooker’s eye.
- Links on links on links: Try to build a network of quality backlinks. Backlinks are important for small business SEO because search engines will then give more credit to websites that have a good number of quality backlinks, and consider them websites more relevant.
We could go on forever with a list of how to improve small business SEO in Los Angeles, however, these 5 tips are strong fundamentals to get you started. But remember, SEO, will not happen overnight. It’s a bit of a climb to the top, but once you’re up there, you’ll see that the wait was worth it, and that the view is great.
You don’t have to be a computer wizz to start enhancing your Small Business SEO (Search Engine Optimization)! It may sound a little ‘techy’ but it simply means taking a few extra steps to allow your website or blog to be featured higher on a search engine, like Google’s, results page. This will allow your page to be found quickly and create a lot more traffic to your site.
Here at BLND we’ve compiled a list that will help you get noticed!
Content is key – You can try all the tricks in the book but the most important factor is writing good content. Your page should contain interesting, accurate and well researched material, and this above all else will help you stand out.
Be visual – It’s not just the written word that increases your rankings, adding pictures and videos can bring a different element to your page. Upload original material where possible, but if not, include relevant media and tag it accurately in both the filename and page text.
Sharing is caring – Social media is engrained in our everyday lives, so make it easy for viewers to share your article or page on their personal accounts. Use clear, bold share buttons and entice the reader to distribute the page to a wider audience.
Study the results – Link your page to Google Analytics, a tool that allows you to see a great deal of information on the audience to your site. Examining the data such as which pages are most viewed, where the traffic originated from and how long they spent viewing each page can really help improve your website. And if certain keywords are bringing in visitors, keep using them!
Small Business SEO or search engine optimization is the process of affecting the visibility of a website in a search engine’s search results. The higher ranked on the search results page and the more frequently the site appears increases the chances of a person visiting that website. As a business manager we know you are constantly on the go and trying to accomplish a million different things at once, so how do you have time to monitor your SEO? These mobile apps will make your life easier by allowing you to manage your website while away from the office.
1. Google Analytics App (Android) – Google Analytics allows you access to your entire web reporting profiles from your mobile device. This means you can chck and analyze your site’s stats wherever you are.
2. Dashboard for Google Analytics (iPhone or iPad) - This app displays your primary performance indicators and includes the real time information for businesses that need to monitor live content campaigns. It also allows you to see where your website is in relation to the goals you have set.
3. SEO Pro – SEO Pro will track your website position in Google results page and includes other features such as separate widget for each keyword, website health, website statistics and full position history for each keyword on chart.
4. HubSpot – Using HubSpot allows you to view your data on your marketing efforts, get notified of new leads so you can follow up instantly and track your progress with detailed reports of your marketing and tracking of your competitors.
5. SECockpit SEO Keyword Research Tool – This app is a Small Business SEO keyword research tool by generating keyword ideas from an entered keyword phrase. It automatically gathers and combines data from different sources so that you can see how many times a keyword has been searched in the last month and how competitive the results are that are currently ranking for this keyword.
Other Blogs You May Like
What are you looking for?
Sorry, no Tweets were found.