With your social media efforts, whether you are using it to promote your business, run a campaign, or interact with followers, it is vital to track and measure your success accurately. Tracking your success on social media platforms allows you to discover what works, what doesn’t, and how you can improve. Here is our quick guide to measuring your social success:
1. Determine Social Goals: The first step is figuring out what you want to accomplish through your social media platforms. Once your goals are laid out, you can strategize ways to achieve these goals depending on the platform.
2. Track Follower Growth: If your social media platforms have a following that is consistently growing, your posts have been effective at engaging followers. If following has decreased or remained unchanged, this could mean you need to revamp your posts in order to attract your key audiences. Make note of what type of posts receive the most interaction and response from followers.
3. Identify Optimal Times for Engagement: Strategizing when to post will help to increase engagement – and those times often vary depending on platform and demographic of your audience. The timing of your post can have a huge impact on how many followers are reached and their level of engagement.
4. Track Likes and Comments on Posts: Gage how your audience reacts to the content you are posting for your business or campaign by keep track of how engagement differs between posts. Trying out different types of posts and optimal times for engagement can help you narrow in on what is most effective for your audience.
5. Monitor Mentions: Responding to followers comments and starting a conversation with them cultivates special relationships and loyal followers. By tracking mentions (tags on Instagram, comments on Facebook, retweets on Twitter, etc.) you are able to engage and answer any questions they might have.