The Unofficial Online Guide to Fashion Week 2014
- Sep 09, 2014
- By admin
On Thursday September 4, New York Fashion Week started off with a bang. Over the next two weeks celebrities, designers, models and fashionistas alike will flock to New York for some of the most exciting and glamorous days of fashion. However, don’t worry if you can’t make it out to New York for all of the glamour. Like many other events, social media has greatly changed live event coverage and Fashion Week is no exception. Through Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter and other platforms fashion fanatics can feel as if their sitting right at the runway with Anna Wintour. So here is your online guide to all the Fashion Week style, drama, and celebrities you can get without actually being there. Enjoy!
- Live Streams – A number of shows are available to stream on USTREAM, brands’ individual YouTube channels and directly on the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week website.
- Tumblr – This year tumblr changed up their Fashion Week coverage by pairing 20 New York based bloggers with 20 designers for a 2 week apprenticeship leading up to the event, “giving bloggers deeper access to the designers and the people they work with.”
- Instagram – Search #MBFW, #FashionWeek and #NYFW to find Fashion Week content. The #dayinthelife is a series in which designers and stylist like Michael Kors and Rachel Zoe upload their behind the scenes videos and photos. Individual fashion magazines and designers will also share their Fashion Week journeys via their accounts.
- Pinterest – Pinterest stepped up its game this year by creating a designated hub (pinterest.com/fashionweek) for all Fashion Week themed pins. Pinterest teamed up with several high profile partners to provide users with an ever updating backstage pass to Fashion Week. Some of the content includes pins on what to wear from Michael Kors, a Kate Spade inspiration board, and beauty tips from Elle.
- Twitter – Twitter is clearly the easiest and quickest way for designers, brands and fashion lovers to discuss Fashion Week. Brands are promoting their tweets using the hashtags #OnlyOnTwitter, #MBFW and #NYFW. Follow @FashionweekNYC for Q&A sessions with designers as well as general event coverage. Individual media outlets and designers will live tweet from their accounts.
Other Blogs You May Like
What are you looking for?
Follow us on Instagram
- No categories
- Our Twitter feed is currently unavailable but you can visit our official twitter page @ThemeForest.