1. Planoly – If you haven’t already heard of Planoly you’re missing out on the ideal social media management platform for planning your Instagram. It gives you a full view of your feed so you can see how your content looks together, and you can easily rearrange posts by dragging the photo. Their newest feature allows users to be able to plan Instagram Stories! Working similarly to the regular grid planning on Planoly, the feature allows you to add content, draft your captions and drag and drop. With 100 million active users, many users are gravitating more to Instagram Stories instead of Snapchat because of the accessibility making it the perfect platform for your business or brand to communicate to your audience. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to plan your Instagram Stories!
2. Instagram’s New Gallery Feature – Do you ever take a bunch of perfect pictures, but don’t want to bore your followers by posting all of them? Instagram now allows you to upload up to 10 photos in one single post and your followers can easily scroll through each photo. Read our blog linked above to learn all the ins and outs of how to use the newest Instagram update. As a social media firm we’re excited to try using the update for our clients!
3. Podcasts that Make Your Commute Easier – As much as we love blasting our Spotify playlists on the way home from work, it can get a little dull. Podcasts are the best way to make your commute easier to bear, while learning at the same time! Some of our favorites are:
- Live Inspired, hosted by John O’Leary, focuses on inspiring others to live each moment to its fullest potential. Every week a guest speaker shares their own personal and professional stories in hopes of inspiring listeners.
- Call Your Girlfriend, hosted by Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sow, covers everything from pop culture to politics to the latest foodie news.
- The Nerdist, hosted by Chris Hardwick, Matt Mira, and Jonah Ray, the trio interview an array of celebrities highlighting different topics and events.
4. Apps to Help Get You Organized – Your room might be a mess, but your life doesn’t have to be. Utilizing applications such as LastPass or If This Then That (IFTTT) with help organize everything from passwords to decluttering applications. LastPass is used to securely store and manage all passwords in an encrypted vault. Meaning – a password will never go forgotten again. IFTTT makes a number of applications easily accessible from a single platform by syncing everyday tasks together. For example, keeping your Facebook and Twitter profile photos in sync. By successfully utilizing easy to use applications such as these daily processes will become more efficient and organized.
5. Conversation Starters – We’ve all been there- eager to meet and connect with like minded professionals but unsure how to get a conversation blooming. Prior to attending a networking event there are a few things to keep in mind. Researching speakers, companies or personalities should be at the top of your to-do list. Being aware of a majority of the people you’ll be surrounded by will help you navigate and network successfully. Stumped on what to say after approaching someone? Start with a question such as, “What got you started in the industry?” or “What about this event interested you?”. Beginning with a question leaves room for you to interpret an answer and respond appropriately. Most of all, remember what you’re capable of. Be confident, curious and open to all personalities.
Image from Planoly